Some of our goals include:
- Providing community members access to a garden space and land to grow on
- Helping to educate and promote gardening as part of a healthy and wholesome lifestyle
- Helping to create a progressive and prosperous neighbourhood of involved individuals
- Helping to spread the knowledge of issues related to food security
- Helping to bring individuals together to share knowledge
The garden has 21 ‘private’ plots that are rented each year. In addition, there are 3 communal plots where gardeners work together to cultivate and harvest crops. The produce from 2 of the 3 communal plots is reserved for community food banks and kitchens in the area. The produce from the other communal plot is for the gardeners.
Everyone is welcome at the Gage Park Community Garden; if you are interested please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org